Regional Economic Development Advisory Committee
The Regional Economic Development Advisory Committee advises and represents the interests of WBBROC Councils on matters related to regional economic development to improve the economic outlook and long-term sustainability of the Wide Bay Burnett region.
Meetings are held quarterly.
The primary priorities of the Regional Economic Development Advisory Committee include:
1. Advocate on agreed projects of regional significance:
- Wide Bay Burnett Minerals Province
Port of Bundaberg
Water for economic development
Regional Export Extension Service
Bruce Highway upgrades
First and Last Mile project.
2. Manage and coordinate annual review of progress towards implementing the Regional Economic Development Strategy 2014-2019.
3. Development of any regional international trade links (with State Government agencies) including regionally coordinated regional investment attraction opportunities.
4. Deliver an annual Regional Economic Development Leadership Forum to build local capacity and maintain the future focus by continuing to explore the benefits inherent in the key regional alignments.
The Wide Bay Burnett Regional Economic Development Growth Forum is an annual event.